- Key Features
- High-affinity single-domain antibody
- Recognizes GFP and many GFP derivatives
- Bead size 50-150 μm
- Target See all GFP products
- GFP (Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP))
- Aequorea victoria
- Camelid (Camelidae)
- RNA-Binding Protein Immunoprecipitation (RIP), Protein Complex Immunoprecipitation (Co-IP), Immunoprecipitation (IP), Purification (Purif), Chromatin Immunoprecipitation (ChIP)
- GFP-Catcher is based on a high-affinity single-domain antibody (sdAb) that is covalently immobilized on 4% cross-linked agarose beads.
- Sample Type
- Cell Extracts
- Recognizes GFP (green fluorescent protein) and common GFP derivatives like EGFP, mEGFP, Sirius, tSapphire, Cerulean, eCFP, mTurquoise, acGFP, Emerald, superecliptic pH luorin, paGFP, superfolder GFP, eYFP, mVenus and Citrine and most common CFP and YFP variants.
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
- Does not cross-react with mCherry, mRFP, dsRed, mTagBFP or their most common derivatives.
GFP-Catcher is based on a high-affinity single-domain antibody (sdAb) that is covalently immobilized on 4 % cross-linked agarose beads. The innovative, oriented and selective attachment via a flexible linker guarantees a high accessibility of the sdAbs and largely eliminates batch-to-batch variations. Due to the single-chain nature of sdAbs and their covalent attachment, no "leakage" of light and heavy chains from IgGs is observed during elution with SDS sample buffer.
GFP-Catcher thus features high affinity and superior capacity for GFP fusion proteins while showing negligible non-specific background.
GFP-Catcher immobilizes a wide range of GFP derivatives.
GFP-Catcher is compatible not only with physiological buffers but also with high stringency buffers.
GFP-Catcher thus provides great freedom to adjust the binding and washing conditions to the experimental needs.
- 4 % cross-linked agarose (bead size 50-150 μm) with covalently immobilized single-domain antibody
- Material not included
- wash buffers, columns, tubes
- Bead Ligand
- Bead Matrix
- Agarose beads
- Bead Size
- 90 μm
- Product Specific Information
Our GFP Catcher is a product based on the GFP pull-down technique used to isolate GFP fusion proteins from cell lysates. It consists of special magnetic beads (product ABIN7272855) or agarose beads (product ABIN5311508) coated with an antibody against GFP. These beads allow efficient and selective binding to GFP or GFP-fused target proteins.
The application of GFP Catcher is similar to the GFP pull-down method. First, the protein of interest is expressed in the cells with it fused to GFP. Then, the cell lysate is prepared to extract the target proteins. The GFP catcher beads are then added to the cell lysate and bound to these proteins by specifically binding to the GFP or GFP fusion protein.
After the beads with the bound target proteins are isolated, thorough purification is performed to remove components that are not specifically bound. Finally, the target proteins can be separated from the beads and used for further analysis such as immunoblotting or mass spectrometry.
GFP Catcher offers the advantage of quick and easy isolation of GFP fusion proteins. It is a useful tool for protein analysis and allows efficient identification of proteins interacting with GFP fusion protein. GFP Catcher is widely used in cell biology research to study protein-protein interactions and deepen the understanding of cellular processes.
- Application Notes
Coating: sdAb anti-GFP clone 1H1
Matrix: 4 % cross-linked agarose, bead size 50-150 μm
Capacity: > 4 μg GFP per μl of packed beads (= 2 μL of slurry)
- Common buffer substances at pH 5 to 9
- 2 % Triton X-100, 1 % Tween-20, 1 % NP-40, 1 % CHAPS, 1 % Deoxycholate, 0.1 % SDS
- 4 M NaCl, 2 M KCl, 1 M MgCl2, 100 mM EDTA
- 4 M urea
- 10 mM DTT, 10 mM 2-Mercaptoethanol
- RNAse A, DNAse I, Benzonase, protease inhibitors
- For Research Use only
- 50 % slurry in PBS containing 20 % Ethanol
- 4 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 4 °C, do not freeze
- Expiry Date
- 12 months
- GFP (Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP))
- Alternative Name
- GFP (GFP Products)
- green fluorescent protein Bead, gfp Bead
- Target Type
- Viral Protein